PFAS SDWA Regulatory Status and Hydrant /Valves, Jan 31, 2023, Okemos
PENDING EGLE APPROVAL 0.6 CECs Water Technical
BEFORE YOU REGISTER ANYONE FOR THIS CLASS:
1. You are in the database so DO NOT ADD yourself or create a new account. If you do not know what email address we have on file for you, call the office.
2. Each person must have an INDIVIDUAL EMAIL ADDRESS (It does not have to be a company email, just one they can access).
PENDING EGLE APPROVAL Continuing Education Credits: 0.6 CECs Water Technical
Price: Free but you MUST Pre-Register
During this session you will learn some basics about PFAS, and when these will be added to the SDWA MCL list with enforceable limits, how that will affect your system, and what states have already set enforceable limits. For UCMR 5 we will dive into which contaminants and test
methods are required, when and where you will be required to sample, and budgetary costs.
- The likely impact in Year 1 and beyond when PFOA and PFOS are added to the
- PFAS sampling considerations and field QC
- UCMR 5 – PFAS will be included again, for a longer list and at lower reporting
- UCMR 5 test methods and what might change in the final Rule
- UCMR 5 sampling schedules
- UCMR 5 sampling requirements
- UCMR 5 budgetary costs
Sampling Do’s and Don’ts
Abstract: The Safe Drinking Water Act (SWDA) was passed by Congress in 1974 to
make sure that the drinking water supplied to the public is safe and sanitary. In this presentation you will learn about:
- The types of analysis performed
- The frequency of sampling Valve Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Chain of Custody forms
- General sampling procedures
- Sample Transport and delivery
- Common mistakes to avoid when collecting samples
Hydrant Maintenance and Troubleshooting
Hydrant maintenance is important to a healthy water system but is often neglected. This class will talk about proper maintenance practices, flushing and flow testing, winterizing, tools of the trade, painting, and record keeping. We will also talk about typical hydrant problems and ways to fix them.
Valve Maintenance and Troubleshooting
This class will talk about why it’s important, tools of the trade, valve exercising, valve boxes, and record keeping. We will also talk about common valve problems and how to fix them.
|8:00 AM - 8:30 AM||Class Check-In|
|8:30 AM||Class Begins|
For More Information:
Okemos, MI 48864 517.657.2601
Click here to download the registration brochure