Excavation and Trench, May 18, 2023, Comstock Park CANCELLED
0.5 Water and Wastewater, Other
* Registration open until 5/7/23 at 12:00 AM (EST)
CLASSES IN COMSTOCK PARK ONLY HAVE BEEN CANCELLED. PLEASE REGISTER FOR A DIFFERENT LOCATION/DATE
BEFORE YOU REGISTER ANYONE FOR THIS CLASS:
1. You are in the database so DO NOT ADD yourself. If you do not know what email address we have on file for you, call the office.
2. Each person must have an INDIVIDUAL EMAIL ADDRESS AND CELL PHONE. We DO NOT SHARE THIS INFO WITH OUTSIDE PARTIES. (It does not have to be a company email, just one they can access for instructions).
If you are registering one person for all 3 Construction Week classes, this is not the right event. Go back to the main event menu and select Construction Week
Continuing Education Credits: 0.5 Water and Wastewater, Other
$240 Members per attendee
$290 Non-Members per attendee
The content of the program includes the scope and application of MIOSHA Part 9 – Excavations, Trenching, and Shoring. The class will detail the MIOSHA Excavation Standards; Definitions; and requirements for trench protective systems, soil classification, and handling of MIOSHA inspections.The content of the program includes the scope and application of MIOSHA Part 9 – Excavations, Trenching, and Shoring. The class will detail the MIOSHA Excavation Standards; Definitions; and requirements for trench protective systems, soil classification, and handling of MIOSHA inspections.
Participants receive a pocketbook of the MIOSHA Part 9 Excavation Standards and are expected to pass an open book test with a grade of 80 percent. Those who successfully complete the program with a passing grade receive a Certificate of Completion wallet card and a hardhat decal. The Certificate of Completion card may then be used by the student’s supervisor to authorize the student to conduct the duties of a Qualified Person on job sites.
OBJECTIVESAt the conclusion of this class, participants should be able to: display knowledge of the MIOSHA Excavation Standard; identify hazards associated with trenches and excavations; demonstrate correct soil testing procedures; and understand the different types of trench protective systems.
• Hazards in Underground Construction
• Scope of MIOSHA Part 9 & OSHA Subpart P
• Specific Excavation Considerations
• Soil Classification
• Selection & Use of Protective Systems
• Identification of Hazards & Student Exercises
• Exam & Evaluation
Payment/Cancellation Policy: Payment is expected prior to class. Cancellations must be requested at least 3 business days prior to the start of the class or your registration fee will be forfeited. If you cancel least 3 days prior to the start of class, the full amount may be refunded. You may send a substitute attendee.
For More Information:
Okemos, MI 48864 517.657.2601